HOW THIS CLASS WORKS
Classes are available every Wednesday and Friday and are limited to ensure individual attention. Work individually at your own pace and on your own projects under the guidance of Stephanie Weaver.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR
- Must be 16 years and up:
- This class is ideal for students who have had some previous drawing or painting instruction and who want to improve their skills using oils.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Learn how light, color, texture, line, contrast and perspective help create the illusion of space—and more impactful works of art!
- Classes are limited to ensure individual attention.
Studio 301 at Lowe Mill Arts And Entertainment
SUPPLIES YOU'LL NEED
- Ampersand Gessobord or Canvas of your choice in size
- Odorless mineral spirits for brush cleaner (like Gamsol) . NO TURP!
- Medium: Galkyd or Winsor Newton Liquin
- Brushes you prefer
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Sap Green
- Alizarin Crimson
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Cadmium Orange
- Yellow Ochre
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Titanium White
References are necessary to communicate visual ideas and concepts with your instructor. Bring 4-5 options to class when starting a new project.
PAINTING IDEAS ON PAPER
Photos that you take yourself, your own sketches, magazine pictures, or reproductions of masterful paintings
If space permits, you may bring your own simple objects to paint in a quick still-life setup (which must be taken down at the end of class).For any questions, feel free to contact Stephanie Weaver at email@example.com.
You may purchase a package of classes or drop in. Here are the details:
- Drop In (pre-register) $40 per session
- Package of 4 Sessions : $120 (package expires at 2 months of purchase).
- Package of 10 Sessions: $250 (package expires from 4 months of purchase).
After you have set up your account, you may log on up to 4 hours before a scheduled session time to register. If for any reason you are unable to attend a session, please log on and remove yourself from the session up to 24 hours prior to the class time.
The number of class participants is limited to allow for more individual attention.